We just love lists, almost as much as we love tongue twisters. Lists are the most basic, most logical way of organizing information and this is the definitive list of must do activities to successfully manage your brand. It’s the result of two decades of work on several successful brands that we have synthesized here in six simple steps.
Let’s start off with the basic definition of branding – Branding is the process of creating a unique name and image for a product or service in the minds of consumers, mainly through advertising campaigns with a consistent theme. Branding aims to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers.
A brand is NOT just a logo. A brand is all of this…
1. STRATEGY – Brands need to have well defined strategies to grow, evolve and change, following a crafted plan with clear goals and objectives.
2. SIGNIFICANT BRAND STORY – The brand’s story needs to be significant to the target market for it to engage with it.
3. STRONG IDENTITY – A strong and unified identity helps the brand get seen and recognized better for what it is and what it stands for.
4. SIMPLE COMMUNICATION – Everything surrounding the brand needs to be clear, concise and simple to understand. People are too busy to bother with useless complexity.
5. STAND OUT – Successful brands differentiate themselves from the rest of the crowd. They stand out with unique selling propositions.
6. STANDARDS – Everything about a brand is determined by standards – the people and place that represent it and everything else about the brand is consistent.
Creating and cultivating exceptional brands is what we do best. To find out more about our work and how we can work for your brand, just drop us an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org.